In summer we are always looking for fresh and tasty recipes that can keep us light especially when it comes to lunch, a time when temperatures are usually higher and it is therefore necessary not to weigh ourselves down with the meal. A tasty recipe for summer with Low Carb Rice: Lemon Shrimp Rice Salad: Ingredients:
- 200 g of SoKeto low carb rice (low in carbohydrates)
- 200 g cooked and shelled shrimps
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. Let the rice cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, peppers, cucumber, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, make a vinaigrette by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice, grated lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the shrimp and vegetable mixture and stir gently to blend the ingredients.
- Add the cooled rice to the bowl and mix again until all ingredients are well combined and coated with the vinaigrette.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let everything season.
- Before serving, toss the rice salad again and garnish with some fresh parsley.